Thursday, June 2, 2011

New York City ~ Architectural Voyeurism

 

IMG_2408   IMG_2409 IMG_2413IMG_2412

Whenever I am in New York ( or any other city for that matter) I try to soak up every bit if culture and architectural detail I can find.  Living in the West in a city that is only a few years past 100 years old there is not much of anything here with any architectural merit.  So I absolutely love classic ornament and historic detailing. 

 

IMG_2420 

Here are a few of the jewels I spotted on my trip a couple of weeks ago.

IMG_2328  IMG_2381

IMG_2329IMG_2385

 IMG_2390 IMG_2391 IMG_2397 IMG_2398

IMG_2403

IMG_2405 IMG_2406

IMG_2419

IMG_2283  IMG_2354

Love It! 

6 comments:

Rebecca Grace said...

I LOVE that leafy vine snaking it's way up through the Greek key border... I can see that embroidered on a 2" ribbon braid trim... in the Jackie Von Tobel Trim Collection yet to come. ;-)

NR Designs said...

Great photographs, Jackie! Like you, I also enjoy the architecture of cities that I visit. You would love Charlestion, SC. Let me know if you are ever planning a visit here.

Unknown said...

Jackie,

I wish we still did buildings like this today. They are art pieces to say the least.

Get free online starter kit said...

awesome building...no words in my mind its really so beautiful

DIY Lighting said...

Wow, this is some serious architectural stuff. Very detailed and lovely.

Room Lighting said...

Beautiful architecture!