Friday, August 3, 2007
California Kids has always been one of my favorite custom children's bedding lines. They have hundreds of great fabrics to choose from and will mix and match just about anything. At their showroom yesterday they were showcasing a new product that literally stopped me in my tracks!
They have created a series of ribbon and string curtains with the unique feature of a connected, spaced, tab heading. This design is composed of thin strips of batiste embellished with matching rosettes and weighted, in some cases, with a bead at the hem. I can't even begin to tell you all the wonderful ideas I have for this innovative product.
1. Use them as Room Dividers
2. Hang them over the face of a contrasting tabbed panel as an accent.
3. Hang on decorative hooks from the ceiling to create a faux canopy
4. Use them as wall decor, a funky tapestry if you will.
5. Hang them under a traditional drapery treatment for a touch of whimsy.
6. A party planners dream! Can you envision the white batiste used as decor for a wedding?
Here is the whole collection. Bright fabric pom-poms, gauzy poofs, ethereal rosettes and brilliant flowers. Some hung on strips of gauzy batiste, others on string. They are all fantastically whimsical and just plain fun. Just when I think there are no original ideas left someone proves me wrong. Great job Cal Kids!!!