Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Fit for a Queen or at least a Really Spoiled Princess

Every girl wants to feel like a princess at some time in their life even if they love modern design and hate foo foo and ruffles.

For those stylish city girls of sophisticated tastes ( and for foo foo lovers as well ) the one of a kind seating from Chair Couture will do the trick. Feminine yet Funky, each piece is finished and upholstered to bring out it's own unique character.


Exquisite detailing and finish work is highlighted by the choice of fresh, current fabrics guaranteed to command attention.


Striking contrast between frame and fabric creates an almost electric feel.


Margaret, the creative and "perky as her chairs" mind behind the line describes her concept. " My idea for Chair Couture is to "re-dress" the vintage French and Italian pieces I love so much in bold modern fabrics ( and sometimes paints) making every bergere, fauteuil, settee, and boudoir bench a striking one-of-a-kind art piece. These chairs are designed to not only fit in, but actually stand out and become a focal point in the most contemporary environments.


I love the harmony that she achieves between the traditional styling of the frames and the contemporary fabrics. It takes a keen eye to be able to pull this off so well. I know, I've tried and failed!!! It's wonderful to have a resource that specializes in this genre to help designers and homeowners achieve this look successfully.




Ingenuity in design is a rare thing and I commend her for her forward thinking. I am looking forward to seeing her expand her line.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huh? I only see her "about" page. Nothing else on the home page. Basically I'm not seeing her site.

Mark Cutler said...

Her Chairs are really cool

Anonymous said...

Oooolala! How scrumptious! I love these & I believe my DD would too. She is not the frou frou type but I think she would love these!
Bonnie

Things That Inspire said...

I love this concept...a beautiful old chair, brought into the 21st century with an amazing contemporary fabric. Thanks for the info!

kari and kijsa said...

Love the juxtaposition betweent the funky fabric and the finish on the chairs! Fabulous!

kari and kijsa

Anonymous said...

Traditional with a funky twist...I love these. What a cool line. I'm glad you posted this.

LIBERTY POST EDITOR said...

Happy Candy! That's what they look like. Incredibly fun!

The Paris Apartment said...

i've seen them in person. the upholsterer she uses is amazing, traditional french!

Anonymous said...

Very fun style! I love the idea that younger people could take classic pieces handed down from Grandma and update with them with such cool fabric or paint! They maintain the history and class of beautiful furniture but put their own stamp on it. Nothing wrong with that in my book!

Love it, Jackie! Thanks for sharing!

Melissa

Jordan Cappella said...

Love those chairs. And love your blog!

diana murphy said...

Oooooo, I'm in love!! Thanks for this fabulous post and link!