Monday, September 22, 2008

Bargain Books


Those of you who know me well can attest to my overall "cheapness" - a quality that I embrace wholeheartedly! I love to hunt for bargains and one of my favorite things to look for are inexpensive design books.

Here are three new books that I bought yesterday at Tuesday Morning, a discount store here in the West ( I'm not sure of the scope of it's territory across the country but if you have one in your town go there immediately!)

I usually buy discounted home accessories there but every once in a while they will get a shipment of books. You never know what will be in the pile but it's fun to see what you can find and how much you can save. For example, these books were priced as follows:

The House in Bloom
Sold new for $19.99 + tax
Sold on Amazon for $5.00 + shipping
Bought at Tuesday Morning for $3.99 + tax

Living with the Seasons
Sold new for $27.50 +tax
On Amazon for $18.15 + shipping
Bought at Tuesday Morning for $3.99 + tax

The Fabric Style Book
Sold new for $ 17.95
On Amazon for $14.36
Bought at Tuesday Morning for $5.99 + tax

Total cost: $13.97 + tax ( That's just two trips to Starbucks Joni!)

I also buy discounted books regularly at ROSS, TJ MAXX, & Marshall's
Borders also has a great discount section where you can find larger, more expensive volumes deeply discounted.

Tip: Always ask for an additional discount if the book cover or sleeve is damaged or torn. I have never walked away without at least an additional 10% off!

Happy Hunting!

3 comments:

Decor To Adore said...

I adore Tuesday Morning! I have found several great books there myself. Let me know if you enjoy these books.

Unknown said...

Laura,
I really like the Fabric Style book. It has all of House Beautifuls features where they upholstered the same sofa or chair in several different fabrics. It really illustrates the difference a particular style of fabric can make i a room.

cotedetexas said...

love the picture with your new wallpaper - nice styling. is there anything you don't do well?