As our country and the entire world are headed for a serious "financial slump" ( more like a spiraling nose dive) I am thankful for the following:
- I have been poor before and I am confident I could do it again in style.
- I am an expert seamstress and could make fashionable clothing and home decor out of a potato sack (do they still have those? - I might have to use hefty bags)
- I'm not a highfalutin gourmet - I can get by on tuna and crackers with the occasional pasta dish or peanut butter & jelly sandwich thrown in.
- I never got on the Starbucks train so I won't miss my expensive daily coffee fix.
- I don't drink alcohol at home so my happy hour won't be affected.
- I have already lost my girlish figure so shopping is not really a priority for me, I won't miss the mall.
- I work at home so gas is not an issue - I only need to make it a few blocks away to the local grocery store.
- I have enough crap in my garage for a thousand yard sales that could generate some serious cash if I ever got off my butt to sort it all out. That day may be coming!
Things I can't live without:
- Diet coke with crushed ice
- Scented candles
- Never ending home improvement projects
- The internet
- Air conditioning & heat
- Toilet Paper
Have a great weekend - Spend sometime being thankful instead of worrying.