Tuesday, September 13, 2011

WCAA Inspire Conference

 

Just got back from the WCAA ( Window Coverings Association of America) “Inspire” Conference in Louisville Kentucky.  I taught two seminars and had a great time seeing old friends and making new ones.

 

IMG_2606

The New Jersey WCAA chapter made a treatment for the show floor using my fabrics.  I was thrilled to see it all put together and the girls did a great job as always. 

IMG_2585a

 

This particular treatment had some great embellishments including individual chandelier crystals sewn at the center of each flower on the circle trellis pattern they used for the Roman shade.  They gave it a great sparkle.

 

IMG_2586a

 

I loved the fancy rosettes used to hold the tie backs in place at the wall and the smocked heading on the panels was gorgeous. 

 

IMG_2583a

 

Thanks so much Kelli and Rosemarie and the rest of the New Jersey chapter for using my fabrics.  The treatment was beautiful.

 IMG_2592

I ran out of battery life in my camera before I could take too many more pictures but I managed to  get some of this creative treatment.

 

IMG_2600

 

The Roman shade was embellished with hand sewn flowers and stems crating a lovely garden motif.  I loved how she tucked the fabric in the center.  I think this was done by Lee Tran – If I am wrong please let me know – sorry, I wasn’t paying attention!!!  

 

IMG_2602

 

Here is a close up so you can see some of the detail.  It was so creative and shows just how artistic you can get within the boundaries of window treatment design. 

After these shots my camera died so that's all I have to show you.  Next month I will be at the WCAA chapter event Windowspalooza in Chicago teaching an all day seminar and I promise to charge my camera!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackie, it was an honour spending some time with you....we welcome you to Canada anytime!!! Ginette and Suzanne from Genuine Stitches

Tammy@InStitches said...

They did such a great job on that treatment, so beautiful ! It was great to see you again.